Why The Yaasa Adjustable Bed is Better Than a Leggett and Platt Adjustable Bed 2019
The demand for an adjustable bed base has increased over the years, as people are starting to see the value of having an adjustable base in their bedroom. Adjustable bed frames were once considered only for hospital use. But, now adjustable beds have made a splash in homes as people began to desire more comfort as they sleep. The question remains, which brand should you contact to place an order.
There are several options that you can choose from in the market today. Leggett and Platt adjustable bed and the Yaasa adjustable bed are two well-known brands. Which one is the best? Let’s find out.
Leggett and Platt Adjustable Bed
If you are looking for an adjustable base from Leggett and Platt, you can choose from their budget-friendly options or go all out with their premier lineup. The latter comes with several features that can help you sleep better at night. Here are some of the features of a Leggett and Platt adjustable bed (Performance Model).
- Remote control. This bed frame comes with a wireless remote control that allows you to choose the angle of your mattress whether you wish to recline in bed or elevate your legs. The remote includes programmable positions as well as a snore button.
- Wall hugging mechanism. The wall hugger feature lets you stay in the center of your bed’s movement so that you will not be moved away from your nightstand, even when you choose to elevate the upper portion of your mattress.
- Lift capacity. Leggett and Platt’s adjustable bed base can carry 850 lbs of weight, which helps those who are in the moderately obese spectrum.
- Under-Bed Light. Under-bed lighting built into the frame can be both functional and add ambiance.
If you choose one of the premium models, more options are available to you. Depending on the model, the consumer can also experience pillow articulation (allowing you to adjust your pillow position independently of the head and foot of the bed), lumbar support, and adjustable legs. Please note: Leggett and Platt Adjustable Bed offers three premium models and nine performance models. Price varies according to model.
Try advanced searches on the Internet with regarding an adjustable base, and you will see Yaasa adjustable bed base pop up. This is not surprising given that this is one brand that has gained quite a following over the years. Here are a few features that you’ll experience with a Yaasa adjustable bed frame.
- Wall Sliding Technology. Yaasa’s bed base also comes with wall sliding technology where you will still be within reach of your nightstand regardless of the position of your mattress. You can elevate the head of the bed without moving away from the wall. This ensures your nightstand is always within easy reach.
- One Touch Flat Sleep. Touch the flat button on your wireless remote control, and your base will automatically return to a flat position. This means continued rest with minimal disruption on your part.
- Backlit Wireless Remote. Having a wireless remote control with a backlight makes it more convenient for you to find the comfort you need while in bed without having to turn on the lights in the bedroom. The design of the remote is sleek and will be easier to control no matter upon the sleep position you wish to achieve.
- USB Outlets. What other features can you find in Yaasa adjustable base? USB ports on both sides of the bed frame will make it easier for you to charge your devices while you are in bed. You can conduct your regular business through your computer with the head of the bed elevated never having to worry about a low battery or tripping over cords. This works for both Apple or Android devices.
- Zero gravity feature. The Zero Gravity setting is one of the presets that are included in the remote control. This feature gives your head and feet a slight elevation to help relieve any pain in the body’s pressure points while improving blood circulation. By having your spine in a neutral alignment, your body feels less stressed, leading to better restorative sleep.
- Anti-snoring preset. Snoring and sleep apnea are two types of sleep problems that can ruin you (and your partner’s) sleep at night. Placing pillows under your head may help with opening your airways to reduce snoring, but they can easily get dislodged when you move. If you have a partner, choosing the Split King style allows you and your partner to choose the elevation of your head independently.
- Minimize acid reflux. Acid reflux is a condition where the stomach contents go back up our esophagus when we lie flat on our back. With the help of the Yaasa adjustable base, you will be able to elevate your head a few inches up to prevent the flow of stomach acids in your esophagus.
- Under bed storage. Space is always a precious commodity. The Yaasa bed base includes legs that are high enough to allow ample storage underneath the bed.
Why is a Yaasa adjustable base is better compared to Leggett and Platt? Yaasa makes decision-making easy.
- Free Mattress. For a limited time, get a free Yaasa ONE Mattress with an adjustable bed base purchase. This hybrid mattress is a mixture of pocket coils and a memory foam top.
- Easy Assembly. One of the things that you will love about a Yaasa base is that it is lightweight. The frame comes packaged neatly and includes an instruction manual that is easy to understand.
- Free Shipping. Every Yaasa Mattress ships directly to your door free-of-charge.
- White Glove Delivery. For a small added price, treat yourself to white glove delivery service. With White Glove Delivery, the bed base is delivered and set up.
- Different sizes. Regardless of whether you are looking for Twin XL, Queen, King, or Split King type size of an adjustable base, Yaasa has got you covered. The Split King size bed frame is two twin XL bed frames placed together to create a wider bed for you and your partner. Since your bed frame is independent of that of your spouse, you both have the freedom to adjust your frame to each of your tastes.
- Minimalist design. What else will you like about the adjustable frame from Yaasa? The adjustable bed base is streamlined, making for a sleek look in your bedroom. The aluminum panels here are capable of carrying up to 700lbs. The Yaasa bed base design also allows you to place the bed base within another frame in your bedroom.
- Mattress Compatibility. This adjustable bed base can be mixed with memory foam, latex, pocket coil, or hybrid mattresses. Generally, traditional innerspring mattresses, air mattresses, and waterbed mattresses are not recommended for any adjustable frames.
- Better customer service. Aside from hiring white glove delivery to help you set up your adjustable base, Yaasa is also known for its customer services phone expertise. Regardless of whether you need to get in touch with a personal shopper who will assist you with your purchase, or you have an inquiry, they will have someone to assist you all the time. 
So, what makes Yaasa a leader in the confusing world of mattresses? Yaasa provides an adjustable bed base that includes many functions, so the consumer has top options for work, play, and sleep.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do adjustable bed frames work?
An adjustable bed allows you to adjust the hinged panels that form the base at various angles to relieve pressure from your body as you sleep or relax. One of the top reasons sleepers purchase an adjustable bed is to achieve the Zero Gravity Sleep position which eliminates the weight of gravity on the body by supporting each body part equally.
Learn more about how adjustable beds work.
What are the benefits of an adjustable bed?
In addition to easing back pain and other joint ailments, adjustable beds have been cited as helping with sleep apnea, snoring and Insomnia. They have also been known to improve blood circulation thus reducing swelling across the body.
Learn more about the benefits of an adjustable bed here.
What is the best mattress for an adjustable bed?
The Yaasa Mattress is an excellent mattress for an adjustable bed. It features a specifically crafted combination of pocket coils and foams (including memory foam) that offer optimum support in a way that other varieties of mattresses don’t provide.
Foam mattresses, memory foam mattresses, or pocket coil are also examples of good adjustable bed mattresses.
Learn more about choosing the best mattress for an adjustable bed here.
Can I use the adjustable bed with my existing bed frame?
The Yaasa Adjustable Bed can fit into most existing bed frames. For slatted bed frames, the slats will most likely need to be removed. The Yaasa Adjustable Bed may also operate with its legs removed. Customers must use their own discretion when using the adjustable bed with a bed frame. Yaasa will not be held responsible for fitment, modifications or damage to a bed frame used in conjunction with the adjustable bed.
How much are adjustable beds?
The price range of adjustable beds varies depending on the brand, features, and add-ons. Usually, you will find adjustable bases priced from $800 and above.
Read more about the cost of adjustable beds here.