The Best Standing Desks for Students
Many schools are equipped with one-size-fits-all desks. However, there are studies which demonstrate that sitting for prolonged periods can be dangerous to one’s health. This is fast becoming a growing concern in children because of an increased risk of childhood obesity and other chronic health problems. Some schools are beginning to incorporate standing desks for students because of this health threat.
What is a Standing Desk?
A standing desk, or sometimes referred to as stand up desk, is a type of desk that was designed for reading or writing while you are standing up or sitting on a high stool. This type of desk comes in different heights from 70 to 128 centimeters. The height of the standing desk should be compatible with the height of the user.
Stand-up desks can be customized. For example, if the stand-up desk will be used for drafting or writing, the slant or angle of the surface can be adjusted accordingly. On the other hand, if it will be used for computer usage, the legs will then need to be adjusted. It is also possible that a platform be placed on top of a traditional seated desk. The surface can then be elevated to suit a person’s height when standing.
Benefits of Standing Desks for Students
- Good for collaboration. Students tend to converse and discuss topics better when they are given a break from sitting. Working at a desk that is at chest height while standing makes the atmosphere more conducive for collaborative work in a classroom.
- Fidgety students become more focused. Science shows that natural fidgeters tend to work better when can switch between sitting and standing. This is one of the benefits that adjustable standing desks provide. Fidgeters need to be constantly moving, and using sit-stand desks can improve concentration.
- Conversation starter. Teachers are able to explain to their students the effects of a sedentary lifestyle. The prevention of such conditions, such as obesity, cardiovascular disease, lethargy, and lack of focus, can be discussed early on. Different learning styles can also be introduced and encouraged.
- Enjoying the options. Everyone loves choices. Introducing standing desks in the classroom encourages students to make good choices for themselves.
- Constant movement. Those who make use of flexible seating, such as using an exercise ball, helps students with posture. Balancing themselves on a ball also encourages focus and may increase student engagement.
- Healthier hearts. Researchers agree that standing desks can help students have healthier hearts because of the active environment that they are promoting. Although this does not replace traditional exercise, the positive effects of standing and sitting that can accumulate over time can still be beneficial to the children’s heart health.
- Higher test scores. It appears that there is a link between the use of an adjustable standing desk and higher test scores. The presence of sit-stand desks in the classroom has been found to reduce class disruptions since the students become more focused on the lesson.
- Reduced aches and pain. Pain due to prolonged sitting can be easily averted. Adjustable standing desks allows kids to sit or stand any time they want without sacrificing comfort.
- Keeps them active. The beauty of adjustable desks is the fact that they keep students active. They can break the cycle of sitting for hours. Not only that, if they do become restless, they can simply adjust the height of their desk so that they can stand while still completing their tasks without losing concentration.
- Improved mental health. Mental health disorders, such as depression, anxiety, and loneliness, have been linked to sedentary activities. With the help of sit-stand workstations, students are becoming more active rather than sitting the entire day.  Movement boosts blood flow, as well as, releasing feel-good hormones which can improve their mood and self-esteem as well.
What is the Best Standing Desk for Students?
There are many standing height desks in the market today. However, not all adjustable standing desk can give you the best value for your money – unlike Yaasa’s adjustable desk.
What is the Yaasa adjustable desk? It’s a sit-stand-desk that is engineered to meet your every need. This type of desk can accommodate all users from children to adults. Its ergonomic design helps reduce back pain, whether you are sitting or standing. Yaasa’s electric standing desks are easy to assemble; and with a push of a button, you can easily adjust the height.
Features of Yaasa Adjustable Desk
If you are looking for standing desks for students, you might want to consider Yaasa adjustable desk. Their standing sitting desks come with several features such as:
- Lightweight structure. This adjustable desk is made from a lightweight material that is not only strong and durable, but it is also easy to move as well.
- Safety lock function. This desktop comes with an easy safety lock function. You simply take out the key card. This way, you will be able to remove the height adjustability feature if you wish to set it at a specific height.
- Ergonomically adjustable. This ergonomic standing desk can be adjusted with just a press of a button. You can easily raise the height of this desk from 26 inches to 45.7 inches.
- Whisper-soft motor. The motor that is installed in this height adjustable standing desk is super quiet. This feature comes in handy in the classroom since no sound will interrupt the children studying.
- High carrying capacity. Another feature that you’ll enjoy with standing work desks from Yaasa is that they have a high carrying capacity. Although they have a low net weight, they can easily hold up to 160lbs of weight.
- Patented design. You can choose from 3 colors with a streamlined modern design for which Yaasa is known.
How is Yaasa Adjustable Desk Different from Others?
There are dozens of standing work desks from which to choose. So what makes Yaasa different from the rest? For starters, Yaasa made sure that their stand up desk is designed to cater to the needs of consumers. One way to do this is by making assembly easy. The Yaasa adjustable desk comes pre-assembled in a single package.
Another difference you’ll be quick to notice with standing height desks is that all you have to do is insert 12 screws that come with the package. No experience is necessary to build this adjustable standing desks. You’ll appreciate the cable-free design. The electronic parts are hidden from view so that you can enjoy a beautifully crafted stand desk to enjoy.
Do You Need a Standing Desk?
Teachers appreciate the value of having standing desks for students in the classroom. The ability to change positions can increase focus and engagement in their activities. Sitting for hours sets a bad precedent. Sit-stand desks are highly recommended for ease, comfort, and better health.