How to Naturally Stop Snoring
Snoring is a common problem that affects millions of people all over the world. This condition happens when the throat muscles become loose to the point that they obstruct a person’s airways, thus creating vibrations that trigger the sound as you sleep. Unfortunately, chronic snoring can lead to sleep apnea which is a sleep disorder that can affect your sleep. How can you stop your snoring problem naturally then?
There are several anti-snoring devices that you can use to help alleviate your sleep apnea such as using anti-snoring pillows, nasal strips, and even the use of continuous positive airway pressure or CPAP. Aside from these devices, how to stop snoring naturally?
How to Naturally Stop Snoring
Obstructive sleep apnea can be a huge problem since your airway can be obstructed by the throat tissues that prevent you from getting a good night’s sleep. People who snore know how important it is to treat their sleep apnea as soon as possible. Fortunately, there are several ways on how to stop snoring naturally and these are:
- Shed weight. The blockage on your airway may be caused by the fatty tissue that is present in your neck or throat which can be due to your weight gain. With that being said, reducing your snoring can be possible if you shed weight. During weight loss, you will be opening your nasal passages as well as your airway so that it will be easier for oxygen to pass through.
- Don’t drink alcohol before bedtime. Some people drink a glass or two of alcohol drinks before they go to bed because they help them drift off to sleep. Unfortunately, there is a side effect to drinking alcoholic beverages and one of them is to make your sleep apnea worse. How to stop snoring naturally? According to Gentlemenzone.com you should avoid drinking before you go to sleep.
- Side sleeping. For those whose snoring is only a minor issue, there is one natural remedy that can reduce snoring and that is to sleep on your side. A body pillow can help you stay in this position throughout the night. If you want to stop yourself from rolling on your back, place a tennis ball on the back of your pajamas. On the other hand, if you are using an adjustable bed, you can elevate your head so that you will be able to reduce snoring at night.
How to Naturally Stop Snoring, Tonight
For those who are wondering how to stop snoring naturally tonight? If your sleep is often disrupted by your sleep apnea, you’re probably determined to find a way to prevent snoring so that you will be able to get a restful night’s sleep for once. What can you do to achieve this? These snoring solutions may help you sleep better at night.
- Nasal strips. One way on how to stop snoring naturally tonight is to apply nasal strips on the bridge of your nose to help widen the space in your nasal passages so that it will be easier for you to breathe.
- Oral appliance. Oral appliance is a type of dental mouthpiece that is designed to help open the air passages so that you will be able to breathe better. This device can help reduce your snoring too.
- Minimize allergens in the bedroom. Nasal congestion, as well as inflammation, can be triggered by allergies which can lead to snoring. If this is the case and you want to be able to sleep better at night, you might want to change your pillowcases every 1 to 2 weeks or vacuum your curtains and carpets too. This will help minimize the number of allergens that are causing you to snore at night.
- Exercising your tongue and throat. This may sound like an unusual solution to your snoring but it appears that exercising these two can minimize your snoring because it prevents your tongue from slipping backward while you sleep. To do this exercise, push your lower jaw forward with your teeth showing and count to 10. You will need to do this 5 to 10 times throughout the day. You should also repeat the phrase, “the lips, the teeth, the tip of the tongue”, before going to bed as it will give your tongue a good workout.
- Invest in an adjustable bed frame. Another solution to help you get a restful sleep is to invest in an adjustable foundation where you can adjust your sleeping position for a more comfortable sleep. What’s great about this type of bed is that it comes with an anti-snore preset that can help you move your body into the right position that will minimize your snoring with just a click of your button.