If you wish to make your bedroom complete, learning how to attach a headboard to your adjustable platform bed is highly recommended. If you are wondering how to attach a headboard to adjustable bed frame, then this step by step guide is for you!
Sleeping on an adjustable bed helps provide you with a good night’s sleep since it allows you to adjust your sleep position any way you like. Adjustable beds allow you to elevate the head or foot (or both) of the bed. Mattresses for adjustable beds vary.
The movable base allows you to choose just about any type of mattress. These include a foam mattress, memory foam, latex, pocketed coil, or a hybrid. The only mattress and base that are not compatible are airbed, water bed, and traditional innerspring. Adjustable bed frames also come in various sizes to allow you your choice of a twin, queen, king or twin XL (in the case of a Split-King frame).
Adjustable bed designs allow for your choice of a mattress cover as well. Many people use a memory foam topper for added comfort as these contour to the body. Comfy pillows, a good mattress, and a bed that adjusts with just a push of a button on a remote control all combine to help you fall asleep.
Today, adjustable bed frames are durable and in style. Because they are popular in master bedrooms, a queen bed or king size bed is often considered a piece of furniture. But, these are not the bulky looking beds that are used in hospitals. The metal frames, or metal with wood combined, come in sleek and stylish designs. It’s no surprise that people want to complete their bed with a headboard.
The Yaasa bed brackets will accommodate any headboards. There is no such thing as a Yaasa headboard. The manufacturers want you to be able to explore your choices.
Tips for Buying an Adjustable Bed Base
- Check contents of adjustable bed package. It’s not unusual for an adjustable bed base to not include headboards and footboard brackets. In this case, the manufacturer often orders to option to order these separately.
- Assembling the base. How much assembly is required depends upon the manufacturer. The idea here is to ensure that your adjustable bed is working correctly before attaching headboards and footboards. 
Step By Step Guide on How to Attach a Headboard to Adjustable Bed Frame
- Check the adjustable bed you bought. First, when you purchase an adjustable bed and mattress determine whether there is a provision for attaching a headboard and footboard. Keep in mind that manufacturers vary with their design. Some adjustable beds that will need you to attach brackets first while others don’t.
- Take a look at your headboard. Headboard attachments are divided into two, and these are bolt-on and hook-on. The bolt-on design will have holes where the bolts will be drilled into the legs of the bed base. A hook-on leg typically has slits where the hooks can be attached. Check your headboard to ensure it has all the parts that are needed for attaching it to the bed.
- Start preparing. Ensure you have ample space to get access to the head of the bed where the headboard or the brackets will be attached. This may mean getting under the bed, or you will need to flip your bed base depending on the design. Make sure that you have enough space even when the brackets are accessible. Move the bed from the wall then elevate the head so you can get to the underside of your bed base.
- Make the connections. For those who are wondering how to attach headboard to an adjustable bed frame, the next step is attaching the headboard to the frame. If you managed to get an adjustable bed base that has built-in brackets, then you are good to go especially when your headboard is compatible with it. Line up the holes found in your headboard brackets in your bed, with the holes on the legs of the headboard, then attach them using the screws included in the package. When screwing the parts together, don’t tighten them immediately as you will need to adjust the headboard. Once they are all aligned, tighten the screws to ensure that they support one another.
- Buy bracket kits. If your headboard or even your adjustable bed base doesn’t come with any brackets, you can get yourself a bracket kit from the manufacturer. You can request for headboard and footboard brackets if you wish to complete your bed. Make sure you measure well. Double check your measurements, especially the width of the screws from each other and/or inches up from the floor.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use my headboard and footboard with an adjustable bed?
Yes, most adjustable beds accommodate the use of a headboard and footboard. Many adjustable beds come with brackets to install your headboard or footboard easily. If not, you can opt for a floating headboard or place the adjustable bed inside an existing bed frame.
Do adjustable beds need special frames?
Adjustable beds include a special frame that supports the electrical components of the bed. However, if you are looking to hide the frame of the adjustable bed, most will fit within an existing bed frame of the same size. If your current bed frame has slats, these will need to be removed before the adjustable bed can be fit inside.
Can you adjust the height of the adjustable base?
Some bed bases only come with a single leg height, but with the option of having a different leg height. While adjustable leg heights are common in hospitals, this is not the case for home design. Adjustable beds for the home allow you to elevate the head, and sometimes the foot of the bed as well, but not the entire bed at once.
How do you make an adjustable bed look good?
Many people like to add a headboard to their adjustable bed for design flair. Check to see if there are included brackets to attach a headboard to the bed. If not, you can mount a floating headboard to the wall to add style to your bed.
Will my current mattress work with the Yaasa Adjustable Bed?
Yes, the adjustable bed is compatible with most mattresses except waterbed mattresses and some traditional spring mattresses that use a border rod or wire. If you are unsure if your current mattress will work with the adjustable bed, contact our customer support team at email@example.com or 855-622-3711