Here’s Why Cheap Adjustables Can Cause You Lower Back Pain
We all deserve to have a good night’s sleep, but when your mattress is giving you aches and pains you need to consider changing it to get the support that your body needs. Chronic back pain prevents 31 million Americans from enjoying sleep. Lying on a flat mattress is not recommended as it can prevent you from finding a good position that will ease pain and re-energize your brain and body.
Many consider investing in a good adjustable bed to offset their aches and pains. What makes the best adjustable beds for back pain? Sleeping on an adjustable base can help put your body in an inclined position up to 45 degrees while adding extra support under your knees to ease the pressure on your spine. Those who have undergone surgery, have back or neck pain, may find that they can sleep better when they are able to adjust their head and foot in a different position.
Although there are many enjoy the benefits of an adjustable bed position for lower back pain, some wonder, “Do adjustable beds cause back pain?”
Is A Cheap Adjustable Bed Frame Good for You?
Many consider buying the best adjustable bed to aid their lower back pain but are settling for the cheaper versions to save money. Although the budget is a concern when it comes to an adjustable bed base, if you want to have a great night’s sleep all the time, you need to ensure it’s time to buy a Yaasa® adjustable.
Do adjustable beds cause back pain? Some do, especially the cheaper ones. They don’t have enough features that will make your sleep refreshing or healing. Let’s compare cheap adjustables with the Yaasa® adjustable so you can see where they stand in terms of causing lower back pain.
Aside from considering what the best adjustable bed position for lower back pain is, it is also a good idea to consider what type of mattress you are going to use to ease any body pain. Mattresses play a role in getting a good night’s rest. A bed that is too soft or too firm can leave you with aching muscles when you wake up. The firmness of your bed mattress should be appropriate for your needs so that it alleviates pressure on your back, neck, and hips as you change your sleeping position. What mattress works best for you?
- Memory foam mattress. Sleepers often choose a memory foam mattress for their adjustable bed because it offers maximum comfort. Memory foam often has several layers of foam to support the contours of your body. This provides relief on your pressure points as you lie down. What’s excellent about memory foam mattresses is that they have a dense base layer for support while the upper layer allows air to flow through, so that you won’t feel hot or sweaty through the night. Also, you can look for gel memory foam or visco-foam depending on the amount of comfort that you need. What most people love about a foam mattress is that it feels weightless. One reason behind this is that it makes use of materials that tend to adapt to your weight and contour of your body while bouncing back to its regular shape once you stand up. The material makes it a good option for your adjustable bed frame. You can expect these mattresses to last for up to a decade by rotating them every few months.
- Latex mattress. Another type of mattress that can work with the best adjustable beds for back pain is latex. Latex mattresses are typically the top layer of a foam mattress. These mattresses may be newer, but they are an excellent option for those who are looking for an adjustable mattress to use on their adjustable base.
- Air mattress. Air mattresses do not usually have any problems with lack of support or sagging compared to other mattresses because of their design. The air chambers on an air mattress can be adjusted according to your needs. You can use it on your adjustable bed too if you like but since there is little to no comfort layer on top of it, its firmness may be too hard on your shoulders or hips especially when you sleep on your side.
- Hybrid mattress. The combination of pocket coil mattresses and memory foam work well as they fuse together to create the best of both worlds. This type of mattress provides you with above-average support and can reach ten to fifteen years when maintained correctly.
- Foam mattress. The high-density foam may give you a firm mattress to sleep on, but it does have limited options when it comes to firmness. You can choose this if you are looking for a firm to a medium-firm mattress.
- Innerspring mattress. Mattresses that have springs in them may help with your back pain, but they do tend to sag after a few years which can make your condition worse. You can look for this kind of bed that has a comfort layer included. You can expect an innerspring mattress to last five to seven years. Innerspring mattresses are not typically recommended for adjustable beds.
A mattress topper is not a problem on a Yaasa®® adjustable bed. Just like the variety of mattresses that can be used on such a bed, so can toppers.
Now that you have an idea on what type of mattresses can be used with your Yaasa®® adjustable, it’s time to weigh the cheap adjustables with Yaasa®®. Cheap adjustable beds are designed for mattresses eight inches in height or less. On the other hand, the Yaasa® adjustable bed can accommodate just about any type of mattress with little to no problem.
Wall Hugger/ Wall Sliding Technology
An adjustable bed causing back pain occurs when the bed movement is not in sync with natural body movement. Cheap adjustables can exacerbate lower back pain because they merely adjust the height of your upper body and lower body. The mechanics do not take into account the other movements that you do while you are in an inclined position such as reaching for your glasses, your phone, and such which are typically placed on your nightstand. Although this is what many adjustable beds do, Yaasa® has a wall hugger or wall sliding technology which gives you all the comfort that you need as you lie in bed.
What is wall hugger or wall sliding technology? With the Yaasa® bed, the mattress will fall back so you will have a comfortable setup rather than forcing your head and your neck forward at an impossible angle. This way you won’t have any problems reaching out for any item on your nightstand.
Cheap adjustable beds tend to be bulkier and heavier compared to Yaasa® since the latter is designed to be lightweight and easy to install. Yaasa® is light but sturdy and comes with four individual planks of wood that one can easily install on the metal frame. Top and bottom panels are adjustable. Yaasa® comes with four motors, with two placed at the head while the other two are at the legs. These mechanisms are found in the side rails of the bed which frees up space underneath. This also minimizes the bulk of the bed frame too. One person can easily put the Yaasa® frame together.
Zero G Position
Do adjustable beds cause back pain? Not necessarily. If your back pain is caused by such conditions, such as spinal stenosis or you are seeking pain relief from arthritis, investing in a Yaasa bed base versus cheap adjustables is highly recommended. This is because Yaasa has a Zero-G position or zero gravity that is quite helpful to those who are suffering from body aches and pains. The Zero-G Position removes the pressure on your lower back by evenly distributing your weight on your mattress. When you adjust your bed into Zero G, your blood circulation will improve significantly, thus reducing the swelling on your legs and feet.
Head Up Only Position
An adjustable bed causing back pain does not have to be a given. Back pain can occur if they buyer purchases a cheaper and bulkier version. Cheaper alternatives do not give adequate support and adjustment to their sleeping position. Add to this the fact that their mattress compatibility is limited, and your sleep may be compromised. It is one of the reasons why the topic of an adjustable bed causing back pain has cropped up.
Yaasa®, on the other hand, gives you perfect control over your sleeping position. You are able to raise your upper body on an incline to prevent acid reflux.
Lifting The Legs
Lying with your legs elevated offers a number of health benefits for your body. First, it can increase the blood flow to your heart. Second, it can lessen edema (swelling) of your lower extremities.
Lying with your legs lifted is also one of the best adjustable bed position for lower back pain. Isthmic spondylolisthesis is a condition where one vertebra slip over the one below it. Often people sleep better when an angle is created between your thighs and trunk. This angle helps reduce the pressure on your spine
There is no doubt that one of the best best adjustable bed position for lower back pain is the Yaasa Zero G gravity position. Not only is there pressure relief on your spine, but you’ll feel a weightlessness which gives you that cradling effect. The support that this adjustable bed gives you and your partner at night allows you to achieve a peaceful sleep.
You can do all this with the Yaasa adjustable bed. Also, for those who love to work while relaxing in bed, the Yaasa adjustable bed allows you to comfortably raise the head portion of your body. What’s great about Yaasa is that the adjustable offers you a wide range of motion with maximal ease. You can find the perfect adjustable bed position for lower back pain with just a touch of the button on the backlit wireless remote.
If you are seeking the best adjustable beds for back pain, skip the cheaper alternatives and invest in a Yaasa adjustable bed. This bed frame is compatible with different types of mattress such as foam, memory foam, latex, and hybrid while providing complete support to the spine. Whether you suffer from back pain or just want a bed that provides good support, a Yaasa adjustable bed is lightweight, sturdy, convenient, and comfortable.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much are quality adjustable beds?
The price range of adjustable beds varies depending on the brand, features, and add-ons. Usually, you will find adjustable bases priced from $800 and above.
Will my current mattress work with the Yaasa Adjustable Bed?
The adjustable bed is compatible with most mattresses except waterbed mattresses and some traditional spring mattresses that use a border rod or wire. If you are unsure if your current mattress will work with the adjustable bed, contact our customer support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 855-622-3711
Read more about mattresses for an adjustable bed here.
Can I use the adjustable bed with my existing bed frame?
The Yaasa Adjustable Bed can fit into most existing bed frames. For slatted bed frames, the slats will most likely need to be removed. The Yaasa Adjustable Bed may also operate with its legs removed. Customers must use their own discretion when using the adjustable bed with a bed frame. Yaasa will not be held responsible for fitment, modifications or damage to a bed frame used in conjunction with the adjustable bed.
Can I attach my headboard to an adjustable bed frame?
The minimalist design of the Yaasa adjustable bed makes for seamless integration with most bedroom furniture sets and styles.
Learn how to attach a headboard to an adjustable bed frame with our simple step by step guide.